Connestee Falls Fishing Club - Monthly Meeting
Saturday June 19, 2021 - Atagahi Pavilion – 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order – Myron Pstrak
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Welcome New Members & Guests – 22 total in attendance with 2 new members/guests
- Minutes from last meeting approved
Programs and events – George Goyette
- Today’s program – Fish-A-Rama
- July meeting program – Lorie Stroup, Zone Fisheries Biologist for the US Forest Service, Pisgah Forest
Secretary’ Report – Al Byrne
- Club memberships are at 171 ytd.
- Boat Sales – we have a variety of small boats for sale. Check the website for an up-to-date list and pricing.
Treasurer’s Report – Al Byrne for Vernetta
- Overall the Club is financially sound, with a bank balance of $23,700.
- Large expenses to date include building of the Ticoa Park dock at a cost of $3,661 and fish stocking at $5,000.
Sunshine Report – Marion Wolf
2 cards sent
Anniversary Book Promo
- Frank Wolf offered Anniversary books for sale – 2 books sold today
Outreach Program – Rick Hybil for Nick Revill
- The first Outreach event was held last Tuesday with 15 participants from the Sheriff’s Shield camp. Everyone caught a fish!
- Check the Club’s website for the schedule of upcoming events.
Fishery Management Update – Rick Hybil
- Surface water temps are in the high 70’s to 80 deg. The thermocline is running from about 10’ to 20’ depth. Bass and trout fishing generally good.
- We are still waiting for the catfish to grow to 8-11”. Should be available for stocking later in the summer.
- Planning to stock full-sized trout and forage fish in the early Fall.
Fishing Catch Awards – Al Byrne
- Golden Trout ($100 gift card) – Scott Fluck, Lake Tiaroga, 6/11/2021
- 1st Catch - Gideon Roe, 5 yrs old, bluegill, Lake Tiaroga
- Lunker - Jimmy Fisher (CF Maintenance), 22” bass, Lake Atagahi
Closure and any final comments
Next Club Meeting – July 15th
Adjourn to Fish-A-Rama and Hot Dog Lunch
50 participants, 25 fish caught (2 Bass, 22 Bluegill, 1 trout). Great weather; great fun!