Connestee Falls Fishing Club – Monthly Meeting
Thursday September 17, 2022, Blueridge Lounge – 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order – Myron Pstrak
- 18 members in attendance
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Minutes from the last meeting approved
Secretary’ Report – Al Byrne
- 50/50 Raffle – total receipts $41. Winner Myron Pstrak donated his winnings back to the Club.
- Club memberships – 217 households.
- Boat Sales – $7,260 to date, thanks primarily to the generous donation of a pontoon boat.
- 1 Lunker reported – Dave Maeda, 12” redear sunfish while fishing with Bill Roehrich in Lake Atagahi, using ultralight tackle.
- 12 First Catches reported to date this season!
Treasurer’s Report – Vernetta
We currently have a balance of $28,460 in the Club’s checking account.
Programs and events – George Goyette
- Today’s program – “Finesse Fishing” by Dave Maeda & Bill Roehrich.
- October program – plan to publicize what the Club does for the community. Invite all Connestee residents.
Sunshine Report – Frank Wolf
No cards sent this month.
Outreach Program – George Hewertson
We will be hosting the Special Olympics athletes this coming Saturday, Sept 24, at Atagahi Park.
Fishery Management Update – Rick Hybil
- Joe McMurray was recently fishing with Jimmy Fisher in Lake Atagahi, and in 3 hours they caught 45-50 bass. Joe was very encouraged by the size of the catches. Only 4 or 5 were in the 10”-12” range; all the rest were larger! Forage fish stocking is definitely making a difference.
- We are planning a Fall stocking of full sized trout and expect to also continue with our forage fish stocking.
- We have submitted a budget request to the POA for $21,000 for stocking next year.
- 231 meal tickets were sold, generating revenues of $3,696.
- The silent auction generated $1,990 in receipts and the merchandise raffle generated $1,140. Net profit after expenses for the tent & table rental and purchase of gift cards was $1,900. There are several unclaimed raffle prizes; ticket numbers are posted on the Club website.
- The wine raffle got over 100 bottles donated. 1200 tickets were sold for revenues totaling $3,605. Raffle winners are:
- 1st prize: 48 bottles to Joan Valdes & Jim Pence
- 2nd prize: 24 bottles to Tracy Berry
- 3rd prize: 12 bottles to Amy Osterberg
- 4th prize: 12 bottles to Rob Sisserson
- Leftovers from the meal, including 8 fish fillets, were donated to Bread of Life.
- Fish Fry photos from Ray Tuers are posted on the Club website. Note that Ray has been preparing corn for the Fry for 26 years!!
Club Officers – Passing of the gavel:
Myron introduced next year’s officers. Terms begin October 1st:
- President – George Goyette
- Vice-president – Linda Grambow
- Treasurer – Vernetta Milts
- Secretary – Dave Maeda
Next Club meeting: Thursday, October 20th.
Adjourn to the Finesse Fishing presentation by Bill Roehrich & Dave Maeda. A copy of the slides is posted on the Club website.